Order will be:
Ukulele > Guitar > violin > piano > Drums
29 M. I’ve been trying to find love pretty much my whole life. I’ve had three serious relationships, and the last one ended after a year because she felt I was “too perfect for her” and that she didn’t deserve me. Literally her words!!
Dating these days is exhausting. People will talk to you and then randomly unmatch or disappear without any explanation.
I think I’m doing pretty well in life. I’m educated, have a job, a car, and I’m doing my PhD. I think I’m decent-looking, have good hygiene, can cook really well, keep my place clean, ride motorcycles, and have played almost every sport.
But I’m tired of putting so much energy into dating and heartbreak.
I’ve also been singing since I was about 16. I’ve never had any formal training; it just came naturally to me. So I decided that from now on, every time I get my heart broken, I’m putting all that emotion and energy into learning a new instrument.
I learned the ukulele after a previous heartbreak.
Now my girlfriend of one year just broke up with me three weeks before my birthday and two weeks before my PhD comprehensive exam.
So apparently I’m graduating to guitar. 😂
At the rate my dating life is going, I should be on drums in no time.
Submitted 2026-08-22T04:39:56Z by Icy-Expression996 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1vv2nzy/im_going_to_learn_a_new_instrument_every_time_a/?utm_source=ifttt