I (kinda) play the piano.
I think I can play complicated songs when I really study them, but some things I struggle with are keeping time, improvising, and playing new chords that I didn't have time to study before.
Basically if you give me time I can play cool stuff, but simple songs that I have to play here and now that I never heard off... I need help.
One thing I thought is I can play a lot of songs without really focusing on one, otherwise it won't improve the quick thinking ability I need to improve.
I could take a songbook and play two or three times a song, then pass to the next one.
I also rely to much on sheet music since I did solfège as a kid, so I'll try to play on those lyrics plus chords you find online (way harder in my opinion).
The problem is, when I look online for "SongTitle lyrics ane chords" usually there are a lot of errors, different chords, wrong tonality (I know I can change it, but still it's annoying) and some times the chords doesn't allign to where I should play it (like it's written to early or late... that's why I usually prefer the sheet music, or at least an ireal pro version).
So can you suggest me a good songbook online, or a good site where I can be sure everything is correct and I can just focus on playing rather than looking for errors ?
Also: do you think this is a good method ?
I guess the style are pop, pop rock and maybe some blues.
Thanks.
Submitted 2026-08-22T08:04:10Z by Italiankeyboard https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1vv6d3c/songbook_study_does_this_make_sense_can_you/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Saturday, August 22, 2026