I love listening to music, ALL KINDS, and i’ve only started to really want to learn about it when I reached high school. I wanted to learn music through some high school class or extracurricular course, but as everyone knows, anything related to music in high school requires that you have experience since like 3rd grade, which is the dumbest thing ever because I wasn’t thinking about my future in elementary school.
Anyway, I want to learn everything about music, and when i say everything, i mean EVERYTHING. I want to learn music theory, i want to learn how to produce music, i want to be capable of knowing music to the point where learning almost any instrument comes easy to me. I want to be able to explain notes, scales, and develop the closest thing to perfect pitch. I want to know how to come up with a melody in my head. Aside from that, i also want to learn how to use things like garageband or FL studio where i know what every function means and what it does.
Basically, when i say i want to know everything about music, i mean it. The problem is I don’t know where to begin, or how i should go about it. Not sure if I should learn from YouTube videos or from reading, but either way, if anyone has any resources I can use, please send them my way 🙏
Edit: i’d also like to mention that I do, however, plan on first learning piano, guitar, and viola (if that matters to anyone😳)
Submitted September 27, 2026 at 12:10PM by SaladComprehensive36 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1wrmn22/i_want_to_learn_everything_about_music_where_do_i/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Sunday, September 27, 2026