Hello! I am an aspiring musician. I am about 5 lessons into local music classes, which are only 30 minutes long once a week. I've learned how to play a few chords on the piano and am working on learning how to play a full song. But, I find myself longing for more music related education! I have been practicing what I've been told to practice but am honestly getting antsy and bored. I'm currently watching Howard Goodall videos to learn more about music which I am finding very interesting. I just graduated community college with a degree in psychology and have been working in the field for 4 years but I do not know if I have a passion for it as I do music. I thought about going for a college program in music but being as though I don't have any experience, I know I wouldn't pass an audition to a music program. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting musical education outside of college, in addition to local classes? I'm trying to see what I can do in my free time to supplement my learning.
Submitted 2026-09-13T17:22:21Z by ProfessionalOwn4305 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1wfdqxo/learning_music_without_college/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Sunday, September 13, 2026