I attended Bach to Rock as an adult a couple years ago and loved it. My drum teacher also listened to punk as well as tons of other genres. He taught me to read music first, grip, timing - the basics. Then life got really busy with my two young sons and momming came first so I had to stop.
I recently joined School of Rock because we moved and my teacher was trained in opera but knew how to play drums. He basically would do something on the drums and then say, "now you do it." I don't learn like that. Does anyone? I kept telling him I needed to learn the drum music again to know how to play but he just kept putting on drum tabs (to Zombie specifically) and I was like, I don't remember any of the music I need to learn that first!
Is this a Bach to Rock vs. School of Rock thing? Was it just the teacher? I feel like anyone learning a new instrument needs to start with learning how to read the music.
Submitted 2026-09-01T13:50:57Z by Most_Dinner_1376 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1w4cldr/bach_to_rock_or_school_of_rock/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Tuesday, September 1, 2026