Hi guys! For a long time, I’ve wanted to make music/Song. I’ve written a lot of stuff some funny/parody-type things(for my yt channel) and some more serious, personal stuff about how I feel. I really want to turn these ideas into actual songs, but honestly, I don’t know where to start.
The only thing I really know about music prod is that Auto-Tune can make bad singers sound like good singers 😂, so that’s basically the extent of my music knowledge.
I have a PC with 4GB of RAM, so I don’t even know if that’s enough to start making music.
My main question is: how do I learn to turn the things I’ve written into actual songs? Like, how do I know what kind of music, beat, melody, or style would fit what I’ve written? How do I turn lyrics or random ideas into a proper song?
I’ve wanted to learn this for a long time, so if you guys have any good YouTube channels, videos, tutorials, or other resources for beginners, I’d really appreciate it. Btw, I’ve written stuff in 4 different languages, so does language play a role in music? Like, does the language you write in affect the kind of music you make?
I’m a complete beginner, so any help will be Highly appreciated 😭
Thanks in advance!
Submitted September 19, 2026 at 03:59AM by Diligent-Peach6616 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1wkf2vs/i_want_to_learn_music_seriously_where_do_i_even/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Saturday, September 19, 2026