I want to learn music theory.
I previously completed Trinity music theory/keyboard levels 1 to 3 and received the official certificates. I now work in tech, but I want to continue learning music as a hobby. I can dedicate time to learning once or twice a week, mainly on weekends.
I currently have a MIDI keyboard (Arturia MiniLab MkII) and some experience with music production using FL Studio.
My main goal is to strengthen my understanding of music theory and apply it directly to music production, so that I can write better melodies, chords, harmonies, and overall arrangements.
I'm looking for courses or structured learning resources that would be suitable for someone with my background. Ideally, the course should:
- Build on my existing knowledge rather than starting from the absolute basics.
- Explain how the concepts can be applied to music production.
- Be suitable for a self-paced schedule of once or twice a week.
Note: The above text has been polished using AI.
Submitted 2026-09-11T07:42:57Z by Proud-While54 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1wd9hxs/need_a_music_theory_course_working_full_time_in/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Friday, September 11, 2026