Hey everyone! 👋
I’ve been building SonArcan, a free and open-source desktop app that brings the complete music-practice workflow into one place.
In this short demo, I use “Bold as Love” by Jimi Hendrix to show how SonArcan can:
🎚️ Separate a song into six stems
🎸 Detect chords, beats, and downbeats
🐢 Change tempo without affecting pitch
🎼 Transpose by semitones or fine cents
🔁 Create seamless A/B loops and progressive exercises
🥁 Add a synchronized metronome
🎤 Import, edit, and follow synchronized lyrics
⏩ Navigate by time, beat, chord, or lyric line
🎬 Watch the demo:
https://youtu.be/99ZVGvndFdE
Everything runs locally: no subscription, no ads, no mandatory account, and no need to upload your music. 🔒
🚀 Download SonArcan beta.18:
https://github.com/OrangeJuce82/sonarcan/releases/tag/v0.1.0-beta.18
💻 Source code:
https://github.com/OrangeJuce82/sonarcan
SonArcan is available for macOS Apple Silicon, Windows x64, and Linux x64.
It’s still in beta, so I’d genuinely appreciate feedback from musicians. What feels useful? What is confusing? What would make you use it regularly?
Thanks to anyone willing to test it! 🙌
Dive into the music. 🎵
Submitted 2026-09-05T00:34:43Z by Flots-Riants https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1w7lutt/i_built_a_free_opensource_alternative_to_paid/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Friday, September 4, 2026