Over the past couple of months I’ve gotten back into playing the violin after many years away, and I kept running into the same problem.
Every time I wanted to practice a new piece, I’d have to search for sheet music, search YouTube for a good performance, sit through ads, then switch over to a separate metronome app. It completely broke my focus.
So I decided to build the tool I wished existed.
It’s called Violin Vault, and it’s completely free.
Right now it includes:
- A growing library of violin repertoire
- Built-in sheet music viewer
- Embedded YouTube performances
- Floating player with previous/next controls
- Built-in metronome and practice timer
- Favorites
- Personal practice journal
- Practice tools like a fingerboard guide, bow guide, and tuning reference tones
- Search and filtering by difficulty, composer, position, technique, and more
There’s no login, no subscription, and no ads. I built it because it genuinely makes practicing easier for me, and I figured it might help other violinists too.
I’d love any feedback, ideas, or feature requests from this community.
Submitted July 21, 2026 at 01:49PM by GadgetBandit https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1v2nzz4/i_got_tired_of_juggling_sheet_music_youtube_and_a/?utm_source=ifttt