Just saw that story about a robot hand learning music and playing it back in 2 minutes and my first reaction was cool, even the damn hand is ahead of me now lol. Obviously copying movements isn't the same thing as actually learning music, but it hit a nerve because I've been making practice feel like some stupid speedrun. Every session I'm checking whether I'm better yet instead of listening to what I'm playing. Been working on the same chord changes for weeks and they're fine until I try to sing, then apparently my fingers need written permission to move. And yeah I know comparing myself to a robot is ridiculous. I'm also comparing myself to random people posting their "first month progress" when I have no clue how much they practice or what they played before. Yesterday I managed to get through one whole verse without stopping and was genuinely happy for like ten seconds before deciding it wasn't impressive enough. Kinda pissed that I've turned a thing I wanted to enjoy into another way to feel behind
Submitted October 3, 2026 at 08:23AM by ConnectionOk8497 https://www.reddit.com/r/Learnmusic/comments/1wwkuqa/a_robot_hand_learns_a_song_in_2_minutes_and_i/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Saturday, October 3, 2026