I bought Sylenth1 last year after years of using a non legit version of it. I made myself a promise to pay for it because I really like it and it has been my main VST synth (I rarely used anything else, only some nexus presets or samples) since 2011. It is a great synth and it can be used for so many things and it is very easy to use (and CPU friendly). I mainly use it for Hardstyle productions. But after upgrading to FL Studio 12 a few months ago, I also started to demo other VSTs and playing around more with the stock VSTs. The stock VSTs are awesome for layering my Hardstyle supersaws (Sytrus and PoiZone do have a very nice sounding sawtooths) but otherwise I do not feel like they are good for my workflow. Playing with other VSts made me realize Sylenth1 is not enough for me, I need something more to work with.
I've spent some time testing out Spire and Serum and listening to preset demos on Youtube. I've tried giving Serum a shot but I honestly feel no connection with the VST. Maybe it is just me but I can't feel the hype around it. Spire however, I think has some great elements to it. It is better (pads, plucks & lead layering) or equal to Sylenth1 in some aspects.
I know I pretty much answered my own question, but I kind of feel like I should hear other peoples opinion before I make an absolute conclusion. Maybe I am wrong about Serum or maybe not. To you guys in here that have used both VSTs, which one (or both maybe?) do you prefer and why?
Thanks for reading.
Submitted December 13, 2017 at 06:06PM by Eyezermusic https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7jmd1k/spire_or_serum_not_sure_what_to_buy/?utm_source=ifttt