Hello! First of all, I would like to state this is not one of these "how to sound like...." threads
Its purpose is to serve as a basis for producers to fix weaknesses in their own productions. Lately, I have been struggling with keeping a track from sounding too repetitive.
Which brings me to the post...
The main questions I have are these: How does Zeds Dead make a basic chord progression like this from getting too repetitive? What makes it so dynamic in the sense that it feels like it is moving along as new sections are introduced?
Additional questions to consider and would really provide some great insights for someone studying music production: What chords are being used/What key? What BPM? Halftime or full time? Swing/triplets/groove-What exactly is going on in the track and what is being used rhythmically? Arrangement?
Song: Household Goods-T.E.D.D. (Zeds Dead Remix) Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRK6hCAbuJ8
Submitted November 11, 2017 at 03:58AM by Platipodis https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7c71ck/zeds_dead_music_theory/?utm_source=ifttt