So there was some drama between Zen world and reddit recently and he quickly made a video response to offer up some unsatisfying excuses. After watching it I have a few things to say.
As an example of the kind of feedback zen world gives, apparently one user got his track played on Zen world’s stream and Zen world rushed through it, saying it was bad, and went on to the next track. When that producer complained, Zen world replied by saying he has to rush through tracks because he has so many sent to him. He also gave the excuse that if he's not funny, then he loses too much viewer-ship. I think this demonstrates clearly that giving reviews is not his first priority but rather he prefers generating views from people other than the producers he is reviewing. It seems like Zen world is taking advantage of people’s desire for legitimate feedback and using their work as a free source of content and an easy target for his viewer-amusing “humor”.
When I started producing in 2009 there was a stronger sense of community between artists who knew that helping each other helped themselves. Producers reviewed each other’s work in an honest attempt to help the community improve regardless of how new or experienced each individual was. Before the term crowdsourcing even existed the community of artists and producers had figured out an efficient way to have hundreds of quality reviews daily: Pay it forward.
For these reasons, and in light of the recent Zen world drama, I have decided to make myself available to review any tracks submitted to me. I'm not sure how many I can do but I’ll do my best to do as many as possible. Also realize, I don’t consider myself any kind of authority, but I also believe that you don’t need to be one to deliver quality reviews. Additionally, I strongly encourage that if you submit a track to me for review, you take the time to review at least one other track that someone else has submitted.
Submitted November 11, 2017 at 05:14PM by pyrotek45 https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7cap9x/in_response_to_zen_world_drama_im_offering_reviews/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Saturday, November 11, 2017