Hey there,
This is my first post, so if I'm doing something wrong or missing something I apologize. I'm a long time Massive user, and I'd consider myself relatively proficient, but I've never fully understood the most efficient way to orient Massive. Basses in EDM always utilize stereo space to make a "bigger" sound, but is it best to create a stereo sound in Massive or to do this during processing? In most of the tutorials I watched while I was still learning, artists would always make a point to turn on "restart via gate" and emphasize the importance. This setting disables pan position adjustment, right (as it cancels out phasing from oscillators)? Am I right in assuming you aren't allowed to use these two settings together? Recently I saw a Virtual Riot tutorial where he utilizes the pan position slider, so now I'm not sure which is the better option.
Thanks!
Submitted May 12, 2017 at 06:08PM by 28HzRibbit https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6au0rm/making_basses_stereo_pan_position_vs_restart_via/?utm_source=ifttt