If there's a better to subreddit to direct my question, please let me know. I've read a few posts already on this subject however, Live Electronic music is entirely context dependant so a tailored response is always appreciated.
Essentially, I want my electronic music to have a lot of room for improvisational aspects to it. I'd imagine use of field recordings, the ability to loop a pad chord over it and then improvise the rest while building up drums, adding bits and bobs with my guitar is something I'd want.
To do all that and maintain the improvisational aspect to it, what hardware do I need? Thus far I have:
-Laptop + Ableton Live 9.5 -Audio Interface -Guitar + Looper/Delay pedal
I think I'll get the M-Audio Oxygen MIDI keyboard because it has faders and drum pads. Was also thinking of an APC40. Those two things would make my set up complete in my very limited and amateurish opinion. Can somebody please elaborate on the implications of my hardware choice. What limitations would I have etc?
Thank you and I really do appreciate the time taken to answer people!
Submitted May 13, 2017 at 12:02PM by The_Buhduzit_Paradox https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6ay9ca/live_electronic_music/?utm_source=ifttt