Buku mentions that he creates his synths in ES2, a Logic synth.
I don’t have access to Logic, the main synths I use are massive and serum, and occasionally harmor. After experimenting and trying to achieve a similar sound to Buku, I eventually gave up and decided to find out what made the ES2 so unique. So I learnt that the ES2 is a subtractive synth which I believe differs from the aforementioned synths I use (definitely Harmor, which uses additive synthesis).
My question is: how can I achieve a similar sound to Buku in terms of his synth leads (particularly this one at 1:02) without having access to the ES2 synth. Buku is my main inspiration for wanting to produce and I feel if I can mimic his synths, I can use the same synthesis techniques to adapt my own style.
Submitted April 12, 2018 at 01:05PM by Jeakjeak https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/8brbjm/recreating_buku_synths/?utm_source=ifttt