I am a complete beginner but i'm not very scared of learning curves. I know the word "best" is always subjective but i wanted to get some opinions thrown out by the community.
I want to do remixes mostly but also want the ability to produce original work.
Here are some of the soundcloud tracks that inspired me to start learning (no particular order):
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Might seem all over the place but that's just my taste. I want to start off slow by just remixing some songs (like numbers 2, 3, 6, 7) but if i really take off into the hobby i'd like to make stuff like numbers 1, 4, 8, and 9.
I don't have any ambitions to be a professional, i already have a very fulfilling full time career and i'd prefer to just learn at my own pace and produce as a hobby.
That said, can anyone recommend which DAW might be the easiest and most useful for someone like me? I'd also eventually like to get into DJing with a Vestax VCI100 (purchased a while ago for cheap used from a friend) and a novation launchpad - again i'd only be DJing as a hobby like to myself to release stress or for friends at small-time parties (unpaid). Should i use a DAW for DJing or should i just use a DJ software like Traktor even for sampled DJing like launchpad work?
I'm considering Ableton, Logic, and FL Studio since i see those the most but am open to any suggestions!
Submitted April 13, 2018 at 03:45PM by TrashQuestion https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/8c1k68/best_daw_for_a_beginner_wanting_to_do_mostly/?utm_source=ifttt