So I've been debating to get a some sort of MIDI Effect keyboard for a while now. Mostly because of money purposes and the fact that I probably practice music production about 2 hours per month. But I just pulled the ole' "fuck it" and got one. The one I bought was Alesis Vmini 25-Key Portable Keyboard Controller. Look, I paid probably the least amount of probably what you should pay for a piece of equipment when it comes to production. And I don't expect it to make me the next Martin Garrix, but hey, its a start. I'm hoping to learn some simple chords and progressions and get my melodies going more frequently than clicking and dragging. (Not knowing much music theory doesn't help). But this is what I like to do and I know this is only a fraction of the battle at hand but its the small steps that count if it make me happy with what I'm doing.
Submitted March 11, 2018 at 05:35PM by asuvalskas https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/83pf1c/just_bought_a_midi_keyboard_makes_me_excitied/?utm_source=ifttt