I'm pretty new to music production, and I want to learn how to make my leads sound like the ones in my favorite songs. I'm also new around here, so I'm sorry if there's a specific thread for this, it looked to me like there were only old ones not in use anymore. Should I make a different post for each song? Any help would be appreciated!
Stay With You by Robo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTuI_SKMseg
I think a big part of why I like this one is how it's notes are written rather than the actual sound, although I can't tell - even if I did have a synth that sounded just like it - how I would go about playing similar notes to make it sound quite the way it does?
Magical Symmetry by Tilt-Six: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAffilu2qOY
Despair by Mwk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2kV5LwoZmU
That solo part at 2:30 is just beautiful! The synth itself seems rather simple, but how would you make it sound quite like that, portamento, style of writing the notes, that sort of thing?
Days by Osanzi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2kV5LwoZmU
I love the sound of the drop at 1:30!
I've looked at some synth tutorials on YouTube, but they tend to combine like 11 different synths to make one big sound that sounds like one synth, which is fine if I'm copying and pasting from a tutorial, but how in the world am I supposed to do this by myself? How am I supposed to know that in order to make a sound that sounds close enough to the sound in my head to satisfy me, I need to combine synth A with synth Z with effect G along with synths E, Y, Q, and B with twelve other effects, EQing them each differently? Every time I've tried this it just sounds like mismatched synths stacked on top of each other. I know a lot comes with just experience, but where do I start?
Submitted March 11, 2018 at 08:35PM by Technoidy https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/83qmcs/how_do_i_make_my_synth_leads_sound_like_my/?utm_source=ifttt