I have sampled i dialog from a TV show that aired in 1963 at NBC, and I think the original clip is just too unique to even think about recreating with my own recordings. I have tweaked it a bit - tuned it, chopped it up and done some processing, but it is still recognisable if you know where it's from.
I like to do things right, but it seems like allot of hassle when my music usually just hits about a couple of thousand plays. And considering how old the episode is, I find it hard to believe that anyone today will recognise it. But still I have that nagging conscience in the back of my head telling me that I'm doing something wrong, so here I am asking for some advice.
If you have any experience clearing samples with the big networks I would love to hear about it. If you know of ay loopholes about this I would love to hear about that too, but please keep it legal and keep your facts straight so we don't get any confusion on how this actually works. Idk if copyright expires at some point, but I guess the big networks like NBC got their asses covered. Thank you for keeping this sub awesome!
Submitted March 12, 2018 at 10:54AM by djdifee https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/83v3o7/clearing_a_sample_from_the_60s_should_i_even/?utm_source=ifttt