I'll trying to figure out how to get rid of noise in my system. I'm using a first gen Scarlett 6i6 that's been giving me noise on two different sets of monitors. The noise is faint and sounds a bit like white noise mixed with an old modern. When the USB cable is disconnected the noise goes away so the problem must lie with the cable or the connections on my desktop. I've tried different USB cables with the same result.
I've read that poorly shielded USB ports can pickup noise but I'm not exactly sure where to find (or how to identify) a properly shielded USB port. I've tried both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 connections, and I even have a separate PCI card with two USB 3.0 ports.
Any ideas? Special cables or devices that pull the noise out either at the USB level or the audio cable level?
Submitted December 13, 2017 at 04:28PM by Arhye https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7jlnm8/noise_in_my_monitors_as_a_result_of_audio/?utm_source=ifttt