My budget for a cpu is basically around the price as the cpu mentioned in the title. Though I was initially looking at the i7 4790l, but heard the ryzen was better (and cheaper).
My current CPU is a AMD fx-8350 8 core, and I can hardly get far into a project before it starts lagging out. I assume that is due to the poor care I've put it through for the 4 years I've had it, with basically never cleaning out my PC and almost never turning it off. Wont make that mistake again.
Though a weird thing is while the cpu usage maxes out in FL, it only goes to like 22% in task manager. Is that normal? I have extensively went through the different options to play around with on FL to help my projects run smoother btw.
Submitted December 16, 2017 at 06:38AM by icyflamez96 https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7k67jc/is_a_ryzen_1700_8_core_cpu_good_for_fl_studio/?utm_source=ifttt