Hey everyone !
I was just wondering what would be the best MIDI keyboard/controller for less than $400 AUD (Assumed AUD onward). Really I don't want to spend more than $300, but I CAN do up to $400 if It's perfect in almost all ways for me.
I really liked the looked of the Roland LaunchKey 61 MK2 and was actually going to buy it in store at JB Hi-Fi (Best Buy) for $299; however when I got there, the keys themselves felt and looked like the cheapest most terrible junk I'd ever used. The same quality you'd find on a beginner's Casio keyboard for $99 at Big W! Otherwise everything else about the keyboard was spot on- Really wish Roland made the keyboard $50-$100 more expensive and put the better keys on it.
Since I can't really feel a keyboard I'd be ordering online, I'm now here using the power of the internet to ask for user experiences with keyboards they have used within my price range (<$400).
I don't need all those features such as the drumpad and sliders like the Roland LaunchKey 61 MK2 had but they seem fun to jam with. If I could get an AMAZING weighted high quality keyboard with the Pitch and Modulation levers and 61/88 keys for less than $300, I'd be a very happy man; however like I said, I can do up too $400 with the shipping included.
Submitted December 16, 2017 at 04:48AM by sparrow40k https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7k5uv3/help_purchasing_midi_keyboardcontroller_400/?utm_source=ifttt