Quick about me:
I'm 25 and have a degree in choral/general music education. I have been listening to electronic music religiously for about 5 years now and decided recently I want to take a swing at producing it. I'm a very competent piano player and have a vast knowledge of music theory, and I think these are skills that will benefit me in the process.
What I'm asking:
-
First and foremost, I don't have a laptop with the processing power necessary for producing (I have a Chromebook at the moment). I am looking to buy a Mac, and I would say my budget is in the $750-1000 range. Any suggestions of what I should be looking for when purchasing?
-
I'm unsure of what software would be best. I've been recommended FL Studios by a friend, but I'm wondering if there is something else out there that is the "industry standard" for producing.
-
Being a competent piano player, how much would a MIDI keyboard controller benefit me?
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, if there is something else I'm overlooking for these first purchases, please let me know!
Submitted November 11, 2017 at 01:59AM by shurlburt https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/7c6jm9/music_major_with_3_questions_on_edm_production/?utm_source=ifttt