Hello,
Avenger rocks!! It's such a complete synth and it sounds awesome... But it doesn’t really work on my quite recent Macbook Pro Retina :/ The fan quicks in every time I launch Avenger’s editor. Beside fan issues, most of the sounds will crack horribly.
I turned on "ECO" mode in Avenger's SYS preferences and it helped, a little. Now if I keep the editor at 50% (which is very small on a 13” so I need to zoom in with OSX shortcut to patch or tweak sounds) the fan doesn’t kick in as often.
Setting Ableton (9.5) buffer size to 1024 or 2048 also helps a little bit (even though those latencies make it hard to use in a live situation). Still even with the highest latencies, I have to literally close Avenger’s editor in order to hear the VST un-glitched.
(My computer is a Macbook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz i5 with 8 Go RAM. OSX is still 10.9.5 and Ableton is still 9.5 cause I have many M4L devices I fear might not work with the newer version. My Avenger version is up to date. Everything else runs fine on this laptop, no other VST or program behave that way :(
Hope there's a solution... Thank you for any help.
Submitted May 15, 2017 at 08:38AM by thepinkpill https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6b9utx/vps_avenger_gui_fan_and_glitches/?utm_source=ifttt