I've contemplated with this idea for a while. I usually am composing and producing in the arrangement layout because it's just a more linear representation of the song. But, I'd like to mess around with session view with a controller (I'm looking to pick up an APC40).
It just seems that when you have clips to launch at your disposal, you can more accurately make the feel the track. In other words, you can feel what sounds need to happen when and just press the clip to play and boom. In arrangement view, it's more of moving things around and playing the song in sections.
Perhaps these are supposed to be used together though. I imagine one type of workflow involves 'playing' in session mode and gathering arrangement ideas to be later implemented and fine-tuned in the arrangement view.
What do you guys think?
Submitted May 13, 2017 at 01:12AM by Apellum https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6aw07u/to_those_that_use_ableton_do_you_use_session_or/?utm_source=ifttt