Hey guys, I've been googling old threads to try and get an idea on an ideal computer for music production. Most of the threads are pretty old, or about building your own PC, which is not a rabbit hole I want to go down.
I really need to upgrade my old Macbook. Its 6 years old and plagued with all kinds of shit I downloaded over the years. So I'm due for a computer upgrade as it is. I've begun playing around with Ableton and music production, so I'd like to get a machine that can really handle the load.
I would probably only be using this computer for Music/video editing. Not a gamer so don't need crazy visual specs or anything.
I'm right in the middle of the MAC vs PC debate. And not sure which way to go. I understand that you pay more for less on a MAC, but they seem to be the go to computers in the editing world.
I'm leaning towards a desktop. With no real budget as of now. Just not trying to go too crazy, as I'd only be really using this for music production.
What is everyone preference these days?
Sorry if this is asked a lot, the threads I found on google were all years old.
Thanks guys!
Submitted May 15, 2017 at 01:10PM by aanalog https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6bbauf/recommended_computer_for_music_production/?utm_source=ifttt