This is not intended to come off as a 'which DAW should I buy' post. I've used Ableton's free trial, and have also played around with GarageBand (which I've been told would give me a relative feel for Logic). So, I've gotten a feel for both and like them relatively the same, maybe a bit more in favor of Ableton, although the price tag is a turn off.
For financial reasons, I'm currently stuck as to whether I should purchase Ableton Intro ($99) or Logic Pro X ($199). I'm on a strict budget, so purchasing Standard or Suite isn't an option right now. I would buy Intro with the intention of upgrading to Standard in the future (once I can save up), as it's pretty limited & I'm worried this would hinder my progress. The benefit to purchasing Logic is that I would have full capabilities right away, & would not need to worry about upgrading in the future.
Anyone have any advice on what route I should take? Thanks.
Submitted May 14, 2017 at 11:07PM by gjd1515 https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6b7q6n/on_a_budget_ableton_intro_vs_logic_pro_x/?utm_source=ifttt