Hey there, sorry for the rant post, but I'm seriously getting sick of people who claim to be a "producer" and then can't even tell me what synth they're using. During the last 3 months I met at least 5 guys who told me they've been producing for years and I obviously got excited and asked what genre their into and what DAW they use to produce the said music.. none of them was able to give me an answer apart of the obvious "Ye, I use FL STUDIO" and then the lack of understanding of what a synth is.
I guess some of them actually downloaded FL Studio once, but the majority of them were just lying and I found myself trashing my time talking to those retards who kept telling me how good of a producer they are. I even met one who asked me how to set his DJ Logo as FLS wallpaper ignoring the fact that he didn't even know what a freaking VST is.
I can't stand how being an actual producer is progressively getting understimated since everybody is talking big about their producing skills and how delusional is to meet a new friend who could be part of a potential collaboration just to find out he's been lying for the whole time.
Sorry for the broken english and the rant post, but I had to get this out of my chest and thought that doing so in a edmproducing sub would be a nice idea to hear some of your experiences.
Have a good night tho :)
Submitted May 15, 2017 at 05:51PM by denhid https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/6bd1gv/everybody_wants_to_be_a_producer/?utm_source=ifttt