Hey guys! Nice to meet you all. I've had a few people ask me to do an AMA on /r/edmproduction before, but i thought it might be fun to try something a little bit different.
First off, my name is Felix Cartal, I've been producing for about 10 years, released music on a bunch of different labels, and have been fortunate enough to tour the world during that time.
proof: http://imgur.com/a/tGb0c
For the AMA, I was thinking it could be fun to breakdown a specific song I've made. Rather than make it general, we can hone in on specifics and I can hopefully get into more detail than we might if we just approached 'production' in general. I'm hoping this will help you guys with productions you are working on, and also help me reflect and learn about my own decisions that I made! A win-win for everyone you might say.
The song I was thinking we could dissect is my last original release, Falling Down.
https://soundcloud.com/felixcartal/falling_down
Feel free to get as detailed as you want with your questions. I think the more specific we get, the more everyone will benefit. Excited to hear your questions, fire away!
-felix
PS: if you do have any general questions i'm happy to answer those too!
Submitted February 16, 2017 at 08:21PM by felixcartal https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/5uiosc/hi_im_felix_cartal_and_thought_it_might_be_fun_to/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Thursday, February 16, 2017