I've fiddled around in FL studio for a few months and have a handful of projects that are just loops. I have one song very far along but it's based off a YouTube tutorial so I don't count it as my own. I sit around dreaming of making music but am slammed against a wall when I get the chance to open my DAW, I have literally no clue what to do. I can fiddle around with some melodies, chord progressions, etc but no idea how to improve myself and make cohesive tracks. I know it takes time, but I could really use some anecdotes of what you guys did when you were at this point! Should I maybe focus on a certain VST and make sounds? Should I forget specific samples and plugins and just try to make a basic simple track? Studying more music theory? What should I be doing at this point?
Submitted February 15, 2017 at 09:25PM by DJ_Nade https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/5ubgb6/any_good_workflow_resources_tips_for_basically/?utm_source=ifttt