Hey guys I just wanted to share with you a little insight I recently gained through Deadmau5's masterclass.
Something I noticed that doesn't get talked about a lot around here is the use of analog sound, Analog can be a great way to get a unique sound that nobody else in the world could replicate without that exact piece of hardware. The use of VST's in today's electronic music is excellent, and it's definitely moving in a very innovative way, however analog equipment simply has more character. I strongly advise everybody try and experiment with the equipment you have! Got an old guitar pedal laying around? Run your synthesis through that distortion and see what crazy sounds you can come up with. Also if you don't have very much analog equipment available, when your at your buddies studio or bouncing around, look for old dusty gear, snatch up that equipment for cheap and see what sounds you can come up with! You don't have to drop 10K on some crazy analog synthesizer just to be the next hit, but you can make some killer sounds by being an opportunist on a budget! :)
Submitted January 19, 2017 at 03:25PM by Truestatements https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/5oy9bx/finding_that_unique_sound_with_analog/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Thursday, January 19, 2017