So I tried to learn how to produce EDM once before about a year ago and became overwhelmed and gave up. I am back and really want to make music. My long term goal is to make a soundcloud account and get a good base of followers. But, the only music experience I have is playing the trumpet form a young age until 8th grade. So I guess my first question is, as a 26 year old with little to no music producing experience is my goal reasonable? Second, do I need to learn the piano? I am going to start reading about music theory soon. My first step right now is to watch SeamlessR's videos on FL Studio 12 since that is what I will use. Then to move onto music theory as I continue to become familiar with my DAW. I have a decent gaming computer that should handle to producing of music well, but I have cheap speakers and a somewhat cheap headset. Will these be enough to start as well? Any other advice would be great! Thanks!
Submitted December 20, 2016 at 04:12PM by adrunktherapist https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/5jf3sw/do_i_need_to_learn_how_to_play_the_piano/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Tuesday, December 20, 2016