So, I'm trying to make a very basic sound using SimSynth, a simple synth that comes with FL, and when I put every setting on the default setting, if there is more than one oscillator, it sounds like there is a phaser going on over time. Here is a quick GIF to show what happens: (sorry about the quality, but on the EQ on the right you can clearly see the movement of what is essentially 5+ bandrejects and to my ear it sounds like there is a simple phaser effect.) https://gyazo.com/599b293b54ad5ff669d09634ebae465e.
I mildy understand phase cancellation and I assume this is some kind of result of it. The problem is much less apparent if the oscillators aren't the same waveforms (which further leads me to believe it's a phase cancellation issue, but why would there be that much movement???), though the problem is still there no matter what. When I replicate this in Serum I don't have this problem. There are no effects whatsoever, the only thing on its' mixer track is the EQ and you can see all the synth settings. All the FL settings are also default/off. Anyone have any idea how to solve this, or at least an explanation as to what is happening? Would be greatly appreciated :)
Submitted November 12, 2016 at 03:34PM by 4everPluto https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/5clprg/simsynth_phaserphase_cancellation_issue/?utm_source=ifttt
Javier Rodriguez
Saturday, November 12, 2016