Hello guys, so I have this problem, I have been producing for over a year now. I was producing big room house mainly, because it was my favorite genre. Well the thing is, I thought I was producing like 4 hours a day, but about a month ago I figured out its not concentrated work. I would go on other sites, and facebook, and I would not actually proceed well. I am the type of a person who has good ideas, but a runny mind, I have pretty big concentration problems. So I set my goal to do 100 minutes of concentrated work each day, and I can go max 45. So here I am, sitting, pissed at my self, that I ve spent the whole year lying to myself, and didn't do actually any proper concentrated work. The other thing is, I dont know which direction to go now. I am lost in finding a genre, or what tutorials to watch. Big Room is going to hell, and I dont know what genre to make now( I also got tired of it :)). Its hard for me, because I dont know the structure of hip hop, or rnb. I would love to try future bass, and of course progressive is similar to big room in terms of structure, and the synths used. But I dont know what to do first, I am also trying to master music theory, mixing and sound design, and I just keep getting lost in which direction to go, and then end up on other sites instead and being disappointed at the end of the day. I really love music, and I love to make it, but right know I am discouraging myself from it. Any ideas how to help ? I will appreciate anything,thank you :)
ADDED: I am trying to follow the rule of producing quickly quantity>quality but I just cant get into producing because I keeptelling myself....well I still dontknow everything about compression for example, so instead of producing i end up watching a tutorial, or I should watch some more mixing tutorials,and keep watching them, and trying mixing methods intead of creating a new track and improving my workflow, I am also scared of making my ideas come true because I dont think I have the producing skills to do so. I dont know if I am just not confident with my skills, or I am such a perfectionist that I need to master everything first and then do something...
Submitted November 12, 2016 at 10:58AM by jaroslavprossv https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/comments/5ckhn6/i_am_lost/?utm_source=ifttt